Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to Business.






















      So school is starting back, and that brings us a lot of responsibility. Oh how exciting right? NOT! I actually don't mind school to bad except for the waking up early, doing reports, and waking up early! There's one thing though that we, as Christians, are supposed to do, and that is witness, witness, witness. 
 During a camp I went to this summer we had chapel every night, and one night we had  a guest speaker. His lesson was all about witnessing, and being the light in this dark world. The verse he used was Isaiah 43:12, "I have declared, and have saved, and I have shown, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God."  That's a huge job!!! Being THE witnesses to tell others about God??  It really hit me hard cause I am not always good at that. Sometimes we make all these excuses not to tell others, "I'm to busy", "I don't want to lose my friends", and the most common, " I'll do it tomorrow".  We sometimes miss out on great chances to talk about God to our friends, and we mostly we miss out on pleasing God. So rather you go to  a Christian school, Catholic, or Public, you always have to keep witnessing!! 
After the lesson the speaker gave all of a us all a glow stick. He told us that we couldn't break it until someone told us that we had been a light. So it keeps as wanting and trying to be light in this dark world. So that one day we will be able to break our glow sticks, but most importantly so that one day we will be able to hear God say to us, "Well done my good and faithful servant" So it's time to get back to business.

No comments:

Post a Comment